Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Eye Candy


I have a bookmark on the computer entitled "Eye Candy". It's a place where I put things I want to just look at in order to feed my artistic soul.

I used to collect beautiful books and files of images in order to do this, but electronic images are even better. Mainly because they are more vibrant, created with light and more real-world than print matter.

This painting is by Paul Hodges. He is the Artist in Residence at Highclare Castle, the film location of "Downton Abbey".

Looking at things that inspire gets the creative part of your brain whirring and you begin to daydream about making wonderful things. I don't want to lose that.

So, after this inspiration, I want to do a few colored pencil drawings of my feather collection and then a study in black and white.

Eventually, when I am able to set up my clay studio again,  I will apply what I learn from the drawings on a clay piece; maybe on a box lid or a tile.

I will also print off this image, put it into my paper "Springboards" file folder along with my drawing studies for future reference.

And the jpeg will also go into my cyber file on the computer desktop for easy access as well.

That way, I will be able to tap into the original feelings I had when I first ran into this piece,  recapture the creative thinking and take it further.

What do you look at for inspiration?



No comments: