Saturday, March 3, 2007

Tiles

It's been a long time since I made tiles; just tiles. Sometimes I make a 'set tile' for a teapot and cups to rest on, and even though I have been working on a bathroom shower installation with a sweep of handmade tiles across the wall, I have not made many tiles lately. I saw a notice that Lark Publications will be doing a "500 Tiles" book and spent the afternoon photographing some rather old ones in prep to send the digitals for jurying. This is a "Sea Life" series I did about 8 years ago. They are 6 inch tiles rolled to 1/4 inch thick, then the forms are sculpted on top of the tile, glazed in a basic white glaze and fired to cone 6. I'm a little baffled about how to upload the digitals to a website using ftp, but hopefully will have that figured out before the weekend.
Update: I finally got the files sent to the publisher late Sunday, but not before lots of head scratching, cursing, reading tech pages and asking several different discussion lists for help. Yeah! Once again the forces of good conquer the evil computer!

ME: 1 COMPUTER: 0

but I can hear it purring in the background..............

No comments: