Saturday, September 4, 2010

More Banquet Table Garnitures

Okay.

I found some pictures finally.

This is close to the kind of table decorations I was talking about. And this example is ceramic.


Totally over the top:




It's still not the kind I've been looking for, but close.


I don't know if you would be able to find the food with this all over the table.

Some of these elaborate decorations were constructed with sugar.


If you saw the movie Vatel about Francoise Vatel, the legendary chef, you would remember the elaborate work done with glaced fruit and sugar baskets arranged for one grand banquet....























Here's something that might work in modern settings.

I've often thought of making an entire table ensemble to use for serving a full curry meal with warming dishes for the sauce and rice; small interlocking condiments dishes to match.
http://www.historicfood.com is a great site to explore.

No comments: